Hyperion Solutions Corporation was a business performance management software company, located in Santa Clara, California, USA, which was acquired by Oracle Corporation in 2007. Many of its products were targeted at the Business Intelligence and Business Performance Management market, and as of 2008 are still actively developed and sold by Oracle. In 2007, Gartner placed Hyperion in its "Leader" quadrant for both Business Intelligence Platforms and Corporate Performance Management.
Notable products include:
- Hyperion System 9 BI+
- Hyperion Intelligence (comprising products formerly offered by Brio Technology, acquired in 2003)
- Hyperion Enterprise
- Hyperion Planning
- Hyperion Strategic Finance
- Hyperion Financial Management
- Hyperion Master Data Management
- 1981 - IMRS founded by Bob Thomson and Marco Arese
- 1991 - IMRS becomes a public company
- 1992 - Arbor Software launches Essbase OLAP software
- 1995 - IMRS changes name to Hyperion Software Corporation
- 1995 - Arbor becomes a publicly held company
- 1997 - Arbor acquires Appsource
- 1998 - Hyperion Software merges with Arbor and is renamed Hyperion Solutions Corporation
- 1999 - Hyperion acquires Sapling Corporation
- 2002 - Hyperion enters the Business Performance Management category.
- 2003 - Hyperion acquires Brio Technology and The Alcar Group
- 2005 - Hyperion acquires Razza Solutions (Master Data Management)
- 2006 - Hyperion acquires UpStream (Financial Data Quality Management)
- 2007 - Hyperion acquires Decisioneering (Crystal Ball)
- 2007 - On April 18 Hyperion was acquired by Oracle Corporation.